Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Octopus & The Opera Singer

Last year me and Jon were talking about how much fun it would be to do side stories about some of the NPW characters and turn them into children's books. On the way to work the next morning I was thinking about what kind of adventures Dark Beard could have had when he was growing up when I thought of the story for The Octopus & The Opera Singer.

It's part mystery, part love story and won't involve pirates, but I think it will be a lot of fun to draw since octupi are far and away one of the coolest animals of all time (can they be called animals since the live underwater? Aquatic creatures perhaps?).

This is quick ink sketch I did of the moment before the opera singer sees the octopus for the first time. If I drew it over again, I'd have him looming over her a bit more and extend the bottom tentacle so that it curled closer to the cliff.

1 comment:

ManjiSann said...

Octopi can be called animals, just not mammals ;) At least that's my opinion.